Custom Search

Share MMA News

Share Share

Saturday, September 28, 2013

What's Next For Jon Jones & Alexander Gustafsson?

Following UFC 165’s epic title fight between Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson, fans were clamoring for a rematch, but it seems the promotion has other ideas. On Super Bowl Weekend, Jones will be facing Glover Teixeira. This leaves fans with a big question: What is next for Alexander Gustafsson? In a chat with ESPN on Thursday,On the contentious subject, UFC Champion Jon "Bones" Jones told MMA Junkie:
"I said before the fight my sights were set on breaking the record...I want to crush the record. I want to beat the record so bad it can never be broken. I'm going to fight Glover and I will answer all the critics about the Gustafsson fight. I will fight Gustafsson after I fight Glover. I won the fight but I look at it as a blemish on my record because some people think I didn't. I promise you, he will be next." Dana White announced that Jones would be facing the Brazilian brawler next, saying: "That's what the champ wants.We'll probably have that fight on the Super Bowl card in New Jersey." On the contentious subject, UFC Champion Jon "Bones ............. Rashad Evans
Rashad Evans is booked to face fan favorite Chael Sonnen at UFC 167, and even though he has only won once since facing Jon Jones, a win against Sonnen could propel him back into a Top 5 ranking. Evans has made it clear that he wants another shot against Jones, and even though their fight was one-sided, he never suffered much damage.

I think Joe Silva would be likely to match Evans vs. Gustafsson as a number one contender fight, as either fighter would make for a high-selling opponent for Jon Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Amazon Deals